Dr. Williams and the “Hi 5 Team” are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of diagnosis and potential treatment options. Watch our video below that discusses the best time to start braces. However, no matter what age, it is never to late to undergo orthodontic care.
This important 45-60 minute visit will give us insights into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also offer time following the exam for starting treatment.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Can we make room without having to remove any permanent teeth?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
- What can I expect during my treatment here?
We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following at the time of your first visit:
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information before or at the first visit, we will be able to give you an accurate estimate of your cost.
- All new patient online questionnaires filled out in its entirety prior to your appointment time.
- Enough time to complete your evaluation and explanation of treatment plan options.