You are AMAZING, and we want your teeth to look amazing too! So we’ll do our best to make them Straight and Symmetrical. But we need you to help keep them Healthy and Happy. Please consider these tips when taking care of your Teeth while you have braces:
Brush for 2 FULL MINUTES and Two to THREE times per day (Morning, Noon, and Night) and make sure to get all the following Hi Five Areas:
1. Brush on Top of the Brackets really well. Use gentle circles to get all around.
2. Brush ABOVE and BELOW the bracket. Get the Bristles in all the little corners.
3. Brush the BITING surface of your teeth as well as the TONGUE side.
4. BRUSH THE GUMS! *THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST COMMONLY MISSED SPOTS SO BE VERY CAREFUL TO BRUSH YOUR GUMS WELL! Plague love to hide here!
5. Floss & Clean in-between each tooth. IT’S IMPORTANT! Here’s some options:
Floss Threaders & Floss – “Floss is the Boss”
PLATYPUS FLOSSER – Not quite as thorough as a regular floss, but good in a pinch
PROXYBRUSH – just slide between each brace to get any pesky food after meals
WATERPIK – a really GREAT compliment to flossing. It shouldn’t replace flossing but it’s really a great option to clean those hard to reach places!
IMPORTANT: Sometimes a Dental Cleaning every 3 months is a good idea. While most healthcare providers recommend cleanings every 6 months, braces can add a new element to cleaning. So don’t be surprised if we recommend more regular cleanings. Just ask your dentist how to make that possible.
Let’s keep those teeth health and avoid Decalcification (White spots or “scars”). Onset of this can be very rapid and once it can be seen it’s TOO LATE!