iTero™ Digital Impressions
Getting an accurate impression is very important for effective treatment planning and orthodontic care. The iOC Scanner captures the contours of tooth and gingival structures, producing a highly accurate digital orthodontic scan in just minutes.
The iTero handheld wand creates a digital, 3D image of your teeth, stopping as needed. Patients can view the iTero 3D image on the screen in real-time. Now, instead of shipping impressions to a lab to be scanned, the digital image is electronically sent to the lab and is available in the Invisalign Clincheck system the next day.
The accuracy and detail of the iTero scan compared to that of a putty impression is kind of like watching HDTV over standard definition TV. These digital scans don’t need to be re-scanned, so by removing the “clay modeling step” the scan is much more accurate.
Benefits of Teeth Scanning
- ELIMINATES IMPRESSIONS, the most invasive procedure in daily orthodontic care
- SUPERIOR ACCURACY with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impression, or disinfection
- ONSCREEN VISUALIZATION allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan in one try
- INCREASED PATIENT COMFORT by eliminating the goop and gagging with traditional impressions
- SINGLE-USE IMAGING SHIELD to ensure maximum cleanliness and sanitation